Has a magazine ever been happier? You decide! The Lover 04 ships in exactly two weeks – order it now!
The Lover 03 has been out for a month now, and several longtime readers have given me very positive feedback – thank you!
One reader wrote:
The Lover issue 03. Best magazine yet. I have not read all of it yet but getting close. I hope this magazine will last for at least as long as Destroyer, if not longer. … Thanks again for The Lover 03. Fantastic.
A gay couple wrote (translated by me from German):
The Lover issue 3 reached us the day before yesterday – again, a huge success! Many thanks. Your work is unfathomably important, and your energy and your courage is enviable.
Another loyal reader:
I have receive the 03 … Amazing. Simply – amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Lover 03 has a historical focus. Here are the content highlights:
- Old Man and the Boys. In a previously unpublished manuscript, the character called “Old Man” lays out the words about man/boy life in postwar Stockholm. His stories will make you gasp! The reportage is aptly illustrated by amateur photographers.
- Why Did the West Change? In connection to Old Man’s stories, we try to find out why the West changed so radically in the last half century.
- Sweden’s First Gay Scandal. Meet Theodor and his boys.
- Twinks Can Get You Trouble. This issue’s case study details how a UK jury decided that confirmed 18+ adult actors were underage.
- Raster detective. Our series on vintage magazines continues with Superboy from 1980.
- Culture articles on manga, anime and radio drama.
- Plus reader letters, news stories, book reviews and more!
The Lover does not contain any frontal nudity. The articles are aptly illustrated with beautiful and/or relevant images. All issues of The Lover are available at the German National Library. The magazine has also been included in the archive of Schwules Museum in Berlin.
I’m happy to say that all ordered copies of The Lover 02 now have shipped. Readers in Europe should receive their copy on Monday, readers in the rest of the world should have their copy later next week. (Readers in Germany should already have received their copy.) All copies were shipped with first class air mail.
I’m also happy to reveal that more than half of the 100 copies have been sold.
Not yet available as a download.
The new issue of The Lover is out – and it’s fantastic, spectacular, a gem!
The main reason for this is that I once again had the honor to correspond with Nicola. Over two months, in November and December 2015, I digitized his rare, not to say unique collection of photos from Italy in the 1970s. As you can imagine, it was exhausting but wonderful.
The first result of that work is presented in the new issue of The Lover in a ten page full color photo feature:
But we won’t stop there. The Lover monitors the issues that affect our community. The content of the second issue is highly political; just like in Destroyer, it’s the mix of beauty and politics that becomes explosive:
Reader letters, Q&A, and the start of a new series where we’re once again examining the vintage gay magazines of the 1970s, first out is Super Piccolo:
The Lover 02 is an amazing issue which was scheduled for April 2016 but which has come to life amazingly quickly – you can feel the passion burn in it!
However, the print run is highly limited: Only 100 numbered copies, and that’s why I’ve set the price to 25 euro.
Order The Lover 02 now and it will ship to you in March.
PS: All copies of The Lover 02 come with a printed photo card by Nicola, pictured at the top of this blog post, but here it is again in a sweeeeet close up:
The Lover 02 is not yet available as a download, but it will be in the future.