The Lover 03 has been out for a month now, and several longtime readers have given me very positive feedback – thank you!
One reader wrote:
The Lover issue 03. Best magazine yet. I have not read all of it yet but getting close. I hope this magazine will last for at least as long as Destroyer, if not longer. … Thanks again for The Lover 03. Fantastic.
A gay couple wrote (translated by me from German):
The Lover issue 3 reached us the day before yesterday – again, a huge success! Many thanks. Your work is unfathomably important, and your energy and your courage is enviable.
Another loyal reader:
I have receive the 03 … Amazing. Simply – amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Lover 03 has a historical focus. Here are the content highlights:
- Old Man and the Boys. In a previously unpublished manuscript, the character called “Old Man” lays out the words about man/boy life in postwar Stockholm. His stories will make you gasp! The reportage is aptly illustrated by amateur photographers.
- Why Did the West Change? In connection to Old Man’s stories, we try to find out why the West changed so radically in the last half century.
- Sweden’s First Gay Scandal. Meet Theodor and his boys.
- Twinks Can Get You Trouble. This issue’s case study details how a UK jury decided that confirmed 18+ adult actors were underage.
- Raster detective. Our series on vintage magazines continues with Superboy from 1980.
- Culture articles on manga, anime and radio drama.
- Plus reader letters, news stories, book reviews and more!
The Lover does not contain any frontal nudity. The articles are aptly illustrated with beautiful and/or relevant images. All issues of The Lover are available at the German National Library. The magazine has also been included in the archive of Schwules Museum in Berlin.