A joker in the David poll!

Five David statues

To spice up the David poll (only 55 persons have voted as I write this), I decided to add a fifth combatant! I know it’s not really fair, but nevermind. Let’s see what the David of Rolf Biebl and Clemens Gröszer (East Germany, 1989) does for the poll action!

David und Goliath by Rolf Biebl and Clemens Gröszer (1989)

You may also like...

1. erik says:

donatello is obviously the patron saint of DESTROYER, like the michelangelo is that of BUTT or maybe just the mainstream gay mags like Gaytimes.

2. Karl says:

I agree, Erik. That’s why it’s so strange that Michelangelo leads with about half the votes – 43 votes compared with Donatello’s 26 (or 49/30 in percentage).

To tell you the truth: I’M SHOCKED! Who are you people anyway?! Michelangelo, hellooo? Please enter the discussion, dear readers!

And poor Verrocchio might soon be overtaken by Biebl and Gröszer!

Or might it be that the visitors don’t look at the statues and the only name they recognize is Michelangelo?

3. Josh~ says:

Ephebofags *not* looking at pictures of naked boys? I don’t think so Karl :p

4. erik says:

The Mercie is the saint of Tetu, the french mag. While the Biebl could be linked to the dutch Gay Krant (gay newspaper) mostly read by old folks.

poor verrochio yes. maybe more something for a fashion magazine with his anorexic physique and jean paul gautier dress 😉

I’M SHOCKED. you forgot the Bernini David!

id michelangelo is gaytimes than bernini is the advocate. dunno.

5. Johan Haza says:

I too thought maybe people vote for Michelangelo because it’s the only name they recognise. But it doesn’t make any sense. Because both Michelangelo and Donatello were in Ninja Turtles.

6. after8b49 says:

Michelangelo’s David is deliberately disproportionate – it is top-heavy to compensate for the fact it would be viewed from below, and the genetalia unrealistically small so as not to offend. Furthermore David, in the story of David and Goliath, is a boy defeating a giant. Michelangelo’s David is clearly a man, yet with a boy’s ‘manhood’. It is partly idealized, partly distorted.
    Donatello, on the other hand, portrays a genuine youth – with the proportions and youthful, willowy physique of a boy. He is slight, but smart. The Michelangelo David is in every way (but one) the giant, defeated in my opinion, by the lightweight Donatello.

1. September 5, 2012