I’m immensily proud to announce Destroyer 09. Why? Because of Nicola, a Swedish amateur photographer who took loads and loads of photos of beautiful boys in Naples in the 1970s. Some of them were published in the gay magazines of the time, but most of them were simply buried in Nicola’s drawers. Until now. In a 22-page double feature, we publish the best of Nicola’s photos in colour and black and white, along with an interview with Nicola himself, where he talks about the uniqueness of Naples and how it all suddenly changed to the worse in the 80s. I cannot enough emphasize the following: You do not want to miss this! D9 is the hottest issue of Destroyer since D2, which featured the 10-page interview with Cosidetto and was sold out only weeks after the release. D2 was printed in 1000 copies, D9 will be printed in 2000 copies. However, be warned that they might go very fast.
As usual, you can purchase Destroyer here! D9 will ship mid-June 2009.
The whole content of Destroyer 09 reads:
- Nicola of Napoli – 22-page double feature with previously unpublished photos from Naples in the 70s + interview with the photographer.
- Reviews of novels by Horatio Alger, Jr., Poppy Z Brite and William Beckford + two new photo books.
- Art Bernard – interview with the artist.
- Photo reportage: Young wrestlers and young boxers.
- Chronik der Schwulen – interview with the author Dietmar Kreutzer.
- Contributions by Italian artist duo Luigi & Luca, and by Daniel Björk, editor in chief of the Swedish magazine Rodeo.
Some teasers from the black and white section of Nicola’s photos:
With this I wish you all a great weekend!