As of today I am reselling the wonderful book Lovers’ Legends – The Gay Greek Myths by Andrew Calimach. It was originally published in 2002, and with the kind help of the author, I now have a full box of 35 books waiting to reach their future readers!
What makes this book so special? First of all, it’s great to have all the “gay” stories of the Greek mythology collected into one beautiful hardcover volume. I use “gay” in quotes, because the stories are rather about what should be called pederasty. And that’s what’s so amazing:
Mythology reflects how people viewed their ideal society, thus revealing how the love between men and boys was a natural part of life in ancient Greece.
This book is therefore not only an interesting historical document, but also a very uplifting read, ideal for a story each night before bedtime!
Available in print (very high quality, I recommend!) and as a download.
PS: Half price for members of Der Kreis, as always with new products!
On June 16, 1944, 14-year-old George Stinney was executed in SC for a crime he didn’t commit. Read more.
Dear everyone. This post first contained a longer background story (which explains the first comments), but I decided to cut the crap. So here goes again:
Welcome to Der Kreis
Der Kreis (“the circle”) is the new membership club for my publishing. It’s like a fan club! And as a member you will get plenty of benefits:
- Half price on all new releases.
- Guaranteed availability of new releases. Members will be able to order new releases before everyone else. This may be important for publications printed in limited editions.
- 30 percent discount on all previous releases. You will receive a coupon code that gives you a flat 30 percent discount on everything in the shop.
- Christmas greeting. Yes, it’s true! For Christmas 2015, members will receive a quality gift in the mail!
- Giveaways and lotteries. May or may not happen, but if they happen, they are for members of Der Kreis.
- Private blog posts on Destroyerjournal.com. You will get a password to access protected posts.
- Private newsletter. You can choose to subscribe to a private newsletter with frequent updates about my work with the publishing.
- Invitations to real meetings. Such as seminars, art openings and other events. Take this last offer as an ambition rather than a promise. But there are plans underway.
At the same time, you support my publishing of smashing publications such as these:
What does it cost?
A membership costs 100 euro (~109 USD) and runs for a year. So far, it’s only possible to pay for a full year, but if there is demand, I might introduce other subcription models.
There are plenty of things in the pipeline, but the most advanced idea is a new journal of sexual politics. This is what I’m working on at the moment. It’s an important magazine, and I plan to launch it in early 2016 – ten years after the launch of Destroyer!
Except the new magazine, I am planning several photo books, which will also result in exhibitions. As a member of Der Kreis, you will be invited to the opening receptions!
And as usual with me, I might just improvise something on the way. Oh, and I just decided what the Christmas gift for 2015 will be – a real quality thing, can’t wait till December!
As always: Let the beat rock!
As found in an artist’s studio earlier today. The beautiful photo reportage with Erzhan and his friends was published in Destroyer 08, available in print or as a download here.
Swedish artist Nisse Zetterberg (1910-1986) made this mosaic for the new school in Högdalen outside Stockholm, Sweden, when it opened in 1959:
The school has been empty for many years, and will now be torn down to give way to apartments. But a group of activists occupied the school last weekend to stop this development. They used Nisse’s mosaic in one of their events, and the result is the artwork at the top of this post.
Update: Participate in the event!
On Tuesday, 2 June 2015, between 5 pm and 11 pm, you can visit an art opening which is an homage to the great artist Nisse Zetterberg. Just come to the school – if the place still exists (which is also the name of the exhibition). More info here (Facebook link).
- Name: けんと
- Age: 12
- Weight: 35 kg
- Hobby: Rap